WELCOME TO MY BLOG
EXPLORING ALL THE WONDERS AND THE PERFECTION OF BEAUTY.
1st BLOG: TEANAGERS (at heart) WITH PENSIONS 10/2022
Welcome and thank you for joining us. Blessed Journey started because we wanted to see and share our trip to visit all 50 states and more. We’ve traveled before and continue to do so but never on this magnitude. You the reader will get some 1st hand peeks into our joys and foleys. You will get to be right along with us from the ground up.
We understand full well that nothing is possible without the guidance and protection of our creator. To say that we are excited and grateful to begin this new chapter is a huge understatement. Many prayers have been uttered and we continue to pray for help and guidance. We hope you will pray for us on this journey as well.
A little fact about the husband and I is that we love to try and explore new things. Due to busy work scheduling and a hectic city life we never quite got to see all that we wanted. Then came the retirement fase and that transition would usually set most into a host of emotions. Such as joy, relief, anxiety, uncertainty, and much more. So we decided to quit all that noise and just “Let go and Let G-d”. Slowly but surely after assessing our options it hit us like a ton of bricks.
The assessment was as follows:
- Your broke
- You can no longer afford the city you live in.
- Mooching off your grown kids isn’t an option ( yet… just kidding kids)
- The possessions you have are just as broken down as you are.
Now what?! Well then; thank the Lord that we have a sense of humor cause we totally saw the humor in our little wandering pilgrim destiny. Don’t get me wrong I’m not being dramatic. What I’m saying is we now had before us the question of “If we can’t live here then where?”.
Then in true adventurer at heart style we proclaimed how infinitely great the Lord was in giving us this beautiful spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesty and fruited plains to choose from.
Why not RV? The kids were already grown, we always said we wanted to travel more, and we would get to experience G-d’s perfection of beauty like it says in Psalms 50:2. Actually I like what it says in Job 12:7-9 “But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who Among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?
So here we are, dear reader, planning to go into the great wide open under blue skies with you. We’ve got some planning to do and hope you join us on our BLESSED JOURNEY.
2nd Blog; PLANNING PHASE. 10/2022
So we know where and how. Now we have to get out the mixing bowl and stir it all up. Getting things in order is easier said than done. A lot of planning goes into downsizing your possessions and purchasing the right RV. Many questions come up and you could get dizzy with decisions. Not to worry though we suggest taking things slow and enjoying the process along the way. After all Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you; declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
We recently took a trip to Bangor Maine ( please check out our YouTube channel to see all the fun) and looked at some really nice RVs. We also got to explore the area and try out some really nice places to eat at.
What we learned dear reader is that …
- You could fall in love really quick. Almost all the RVs we toured were totally awesome. Each one we saw we wanted. So we learned you have to ask some pretty practical questions. A) Where are you planning on dragging this thing to? B) How much do you want to lug around with you? ( Can’t take everything. ) C) What style of RV best suits you?
- It’s a little pricier than you think. We recently learned that this lifestyle we have chosen is growing ever so popular and supply and demand reflects it. RVs that were priced brand new at $30K are now going for $40K. Not to worry there are options that won’t break your bank dear reader. Those are the ones we will be exploring because as we previously stated our funds are extremely limited at this moment.
- Planning is key! All the RV and camping Blogs, Vlogs and channels I’ve researched all say the same thing: PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! A lot of people are coming up with the same idea and dream. This creates competition. Not only with price and availability but with resources too. One woman claimed she needed to book RV parks up to 6 months in advance and she was not kidding guys. Upon researching I found that planning in advance is going to be the way to go. Plan and pray friends, plan and pray.
At this point friends it probably seems like I’m trying to talk you out of it. On the contrary our YouTube channel will have much more detailed advice on how to navigate through all these hurdles and this website is going to have plenty of merchandise to make things simple and the Journey sweet. So keep tuning in friends plenty more to come.